Earn, Learn and Thrive at BTHFT with an NHS Apprenticeship
Our apprenticeships offer routes into many of the careers at BTHFT through a mix of on-the-job training and classroom learning.
Why choose Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust for your apprenticeship?
We are an award-winning service that offer apprenticeship across Bradford Teaching Hospital with recent awards been:
- Bradford Means Business Award 2023
- West Yorkshire Apprenticeship Award 2023
Along side this we have a supportive learning culture across Bradford with the facilitation of over 1000 students across many professions each year.
Benefits of an Apprenticeship
- apprenticeships take between one and five years to complete
- anyone over the age of 16 can do one
- over a week, you’re likely to spend the equivalent of four days on work placement and one day at a training centre or college
- you’ll develop your skills, including English and Maths
- you’ll gain a competence qualification (based on what you can do in the workplace) and a knowledge qualification, or a qualification combining both
NHS apprenticeships are available at several level
- Level 2 – Equivalent to GCSEs
- Level 3 – Equivalent to A-levels
- Level 4 & 5 – Equivalent to a foundation degree and above
- Level 6 & 7 – Equivalent to a full bachelor’s or master’s degree
Who we work with
We work with a variety of local and national Training Providers these include:
Apprentice Case Studies
Why apply for an apprenticeship?
Some of the benefits of taking part in an apprenticeship at BTHFT include:
- Earning a competitive salary while you learn
- Have access to a comprehensive benefits package including NHS and student discounts across many retailers
- Gaining a nationally recognised qualification
- Joining a friendly and supportive team, being part of the BTHFT family
- Benefiting from robust training and dedicated protected study time, throughout your apprenticeship
- Can work alongside people who are experts in their field.