Continuing Professional development (CPD) is a requirement for revalidation and registration of Nurses, Nursing Associates, Midwives and Allied Health Professionals. It ensures that staff develop and maintain the necessary knowledge and skills to practise effectively.
NHS England have confirmed that funding is available for 2023/24 to the value of £333 per registered Nurse, Nursing Associate, Midwife, and allied health professional from the below list of professions.
- Art Therapist
- Drama Therapist
- Music Therapist
- Occupational Therapist
- Operating Department Practitioner
- Speech and Language Therapist
This can pay for any training or conference that will enhance care, support registration and career opportunities. For all enquiries, please contact CPDApprovals@bthft.nhs.uk.
Funded University Modules
There is funding available for specific University modules to enhance and develop clinician’s knowledge which will have a direct impact to improve patient care.
If you are interested in one of these courses:
- Review the appropriate University website – check you meet the entry requirements.
- Fill in the Study Leave Funding Form. Tick ‘Workforce Transformation Budget’
- Seek your line manager’s approval – have a discussion with your line manager and ensure they complete the required parts of the application form.
- Double check that your application form is fully completed – if it is not correctly completed it will be rejected. You may then miss out on funding or the course place!
- Send your completed form to CPD.Approvals@bthft.nhs.uk
All university module applications must be also be submitted as per university protocol. See below links to university websites.