STEPP (Specialist Training and Education Programme for Paediatrics)
STEPP is a tailored teaching programme which has been running for several years and is especially designed to meet the training needs and requirements for level 1 trainees in Paediatrics or Neonatology.
The programme covers the Yorkshire and Humber region
The training programme director is Dr Simon Frazer, a Paediatric consultant based in Bradford, and there are approximately 40 consultants and registrars who deliver teaching sessions.
Teaching follows a blended approach with some face to face and some virtual. Virtual sessions are delivered via a training platform known as Blackboard.
An example of some of the training that can be expected:
- Resus training (PiLS/PLS, NLS & APLS)
- Evidence Based Medicine
- Core Clinical teaching Surviving & Thriving in Paediatrics
- Core Neonatal Training (including simulation)
- Advanced clinical teaching looking at specific fields of paediatric/neonatal medicine.
- Oncology & Ethics/Challenging Consultations
- Clinical Research & Appraisals
- Teaching Skills & Supervision
- CAMHS & Adolescent Health